The Rio-2 Cloud Backup Server is a hybrid storage solution designed for Backup Administrators that require Local and Cloud Storage for their internal backup processes. The Rio-2 Cloud Backup Server exports an iSCSI VTL for tape backup and Windows and/or NFS file shares for backup repositories. Backup software components such as servers and agents may run directly on the box bypassing slower network protocols allowing the easiest and most efficient way to send backup data to Cloud Storage. The Rio-2 Cloud Backup Server combines with the Cloud Storage Edge Cache to accelerate data to cloud by using multiple background threads which transfers data fast and efficiently to the cloud reducing backup windows. This feature combined with hi-speed disk helps is ideal for backup or migrating existing tapes to the cloud reducing the dependency on legacy tape hardware. Amazon S3 and Glacier support is standard all that is required is a bucket, bucket credentials and the endpoint address of the storage device. Simple to Install, the Rio-2 Cloud Backup Server may be deployed in less than 30-minutes.
The Rio-2 Cloud Backup Server may also be used with the BridgeSTOR Global File System allowing the sharing of backup data from multiple location. Rio-2 is also highly integrated with Active Directory for user authentication and access control to your Cloud Storage environment. After connecting to a share, Backup Administrators map a simple drive letter from Windows or Linux/Unix environments to easily and securely share Cloud Storage.
Enhanced Veeam & Backup Support
The Rio-2 Cloud Backup Server has been developed on Linux CentOS 7 which allows Veeam and other backup applications to place propriety software agents inside the appliance. These agents use internal proprietary protocols which typically out perform SMB or NFS. Veeam may use Rio-2 as a Linux repository and will install it’s internal agent directly on the server. Veeam will then send its backup data Rio-2 believing it’s writing to a standard Linux drive while it’s actually writing it directly into the Cloud Storage for fast accelerated backup and recovery.
• SMB and NFS interfaces for Backup Repositories
• iSCSI VTL support with virtual tape compression
• High Speed Cloud Acceleration reducing Backup Windows
• Migrate tapes to cloud Storage removing the dependency on old tape hardware
• Enhanced Veeam Support
• Native File Support. Files and objects in the Cloud Storage are not mangled
• Amazon S3 and Glacier Support.Object Storage Support.
• Full Active Directory Integration
• Protected Cloud Security with enhanced AES-256 bit encryption
• Multiple Site Support
• Set it and Forget it simple GUI allowing less than 30-minute install
• Use your own hardware. Any server with a single XEON, 1Ethernet port, 16GB of RAM and 1TB or more of disk for cache